Wednesday, June 20, 2012

who i am...


    [...ok, so this isn't my *actual* picture, and I don't take credit for it, but it does show what my soul looks like :)]

     Alright, so I've been writing on this blog for what, two months now? I think it's time I tell you a bit about myself. Sure, I have a little profile, but I don't feel it really tells you who I really am, though.

      I am a fifteen-year-old girl who is still learning, and growing, in Christ. I'm not perfect, and never will be, but I just want to share with you the things that I learn in my day-to-day life. I am just an ordinary girl, with an extraordinary God, who has a passion to encourage women-- young and old-- to seek more of Him, to become women after God's own heart, to flee the lies bombarding us today with reckless abandon, and, even more, to live life fully unto the Lord and be filled with His joy. Happiness...is just an emotion. However joy...is a state of the being. And part of joy is being content. Be content with both who and how God made you, because you are fearfully and wonderfully made.

     Anyways, I said I'd tell you a bit about myself, right? Okay, so here are a *few* things...


~ I love, love, LOVE to read. And write.




~ I love to cook and bake. And eat the stuff I cook and bake. (Just had to add that in there.)


~ I'm deathly afraid of spiders. If I see one, you will hear me screaming, "Bloody Murder!" as I run across the house and scream like Miss Piggy would (or react like Lucy in A Charlie Brown Christmas when Snoopy licks her. (does anyone know what I'm talking about?)).


~ I love Jane Austen. And John Wayne.


~ I love Celtic music. (Bet ya didn't know that ;))


~ I fake a British (and an Irish) accent.


~ My favorite book of the Bible is the book of Ruth.


~ I play the violin and the piano.




~  I am very passionate about honoring God with our bodies through eating well and exercising.

~ I am a bit of a dreamer

~ I love...



~ I eat squirrel and rabbit. Yes, you read that right.


~ This is so me, *laughs*...
  ~ I am a hopeful romantic. Someday I pray that I will be married, and I want God to write my love story, not me.


~ I also love the Psalms and Proverbs.


~ C.S. Lewis is pretty much one of the best men who's ever lived. Don't even try to talk me out of it.



     Note: I will probably update this periodically, because this is just kind of a rough sketch of myself. So I may add some stuff, or delete some stuff, because I'm still growing, and usually with growing comes change of, well, who you are.


    

4 comments:

  1. I love this. =) Especially the part about C.S. Lewis (<3) and, "ok, so this isn't my *actual* picture, and I don't take credit for it, but it does show what my soul looks like." We are kindred spirits. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaawwww...you are so sweet! I hope we can be great friends :D

      I LOVE C.S. Lewis. I don't believe there is one book that I have read of his that I haven't added to my list of favorites. And I love all of his quotes, too. He's pretty awesome. Just sayin'.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I do too! Except for any with raisins or coconut. *shudders* My favorites would have to be chocolate chip or snickerdoodle.

      Delete

Hey, there! Feel free to share your thoughts. Just keep it sweet (but real).

If you disagree with something I say, why, speak up! But just be nice, alrighty?

I really appreciate everyone's comments and support-- I feel so blessed to have friends like you!

Oh, and don't forget to check back to see my response...:D

Have a lovely day, and I can't wait to hear (or read, rather) your thoughts.

In Christ alone,
Miss Hatcher