Wednesday, January 2, 2013

who else stayed up past midnight last night?

We say we’ll do so many things. Go to Hawaii. Lose weight. Be a better sibling. We like to make resolutions to live the next year to the fullest.

And there’s nothing wrong with that. Really there isn’t.


But what if we all looked back on the previous year, and saw how much we’ve grown in Christ? And saw the new year as another year to yearn and desire to become more and more like Him? How much would that really change things?

I think a lot.


The New Year is a clean slate, a fresh start, and a reminder of how far we’ve come from the year before, and a blossoming of our hearts in a renewed passion for the Lord.

Maybe, in addition to the small goals you make this year, maybe even add some ones that will impact your soul…for eternity? It could be anything like reading the entire Bible this year, making a commitment to pray more, just…anything to draw closer to Him.

I’m about to start one of John MacArthur’s One-Year Devotionals, a gift I cherish from this Christmas. To read this in order to learn how to be a Mary rather than a Martha. And I’m taking the Dare, a challenge to write down 1000 things I’m thankful for that the Lord has given me. I want to draw closer to my King this year.

 Of course, I also want to overcome my fear of spiders ::ahem:: :)

So what are your New Year’s Resolutions? Can you share some ideas?

4 comments:

  1. Every year, my family waits up to ring in the New Year. It's a quiet affair but fun for us. :)

    Resolutions aren't really my thing but I suppose there are some good ones out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That does sound like fun :) It's always the little things like that that mean the most!

      Delete
  2. Usually, my family and I wait up to toast the new year, but this time I accidentally fell asleep until around 11:30 and again shortly after... Life calls - SO busy.

    If you don't mind, may I borrow your phrase "Learn tons. Love more. Live simply." for my new years resolution? I'm not one for making them (or successfully keeping them), but I find those little words so inspiring and reassuring.

    Happy 2013! God bless you.

    Rickie Lee

    P.s. I LOVE your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, this year I almost fell asleep as well, but I stayed up long enough to toast to the New Year! :)

      And yes, of course! They're what I've strived for for a long time :)

      Delete

Hey, there! Feel free to share your thoughts. Just keep it sweet (but real).

If you disagree with something I say, why, speak up! But just be nice, alrighty?

I really appreciate everyone's comments and support-- I feel so blessed to have friends like you!

Oh, and don't forget to check back to see my response...:D

Have a lovely day, and I can't wait to hear (or read, rather) your thoughts.

In Christ alone,
Miss Hatcher