Friday, January 25, 2013

for all those who are weary (matt. 11:28)



Morning comes early. I roll over and turn off that annoyance which is screaming at me to wake up.

And I groan.

Just *one* more minute.

Please? Oh please, just one more minute. But I don’t take another minute, because, inside, I know that for me one minute ends up being forty minutes.

My hand fumbles around for the phone, and I squint at the number glaring at me through the darkness. 4:03 am.

Insert another groan.

I slide off my bed and stumble over at least a hundred things before I reach the door 6 feet away. I then walk into the kitchen, the cold grating against my weary bones and I stare blankly at the coffee machine having no idea how this thing works.
I sigh. Life without coffee is hard. Especially at 4 o clock in the morning.

I walk into the living room, and grab the stack of messed up papers and books and sit down to study for that dreaded time of year …

FINAL’S WEEK. Gulp.

So I study as hard as my coffee-deprived brain can function.

6:00 am.

I put everything down so I can get ready for school. I go to the mirror, and feel bad for anyone who ever saw me. My eyes, bloodshot, from that almost four hours of sleep, and my skin pale, but contrasted with the accented dark circles under my eyes.
Good morning, sleeping beauty. (Not.)

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

Five days in a row. Stress and lack of sleep weakening my body, functioning with the bare minimum. I look pale, thin, sickly, and, in another word, scary.

And I feel awful.

Where can we go when we are in need of peace and rest from the chaos this world gives us?

Usually, we go to sleep. And that is not a bad thing. However, whenever we feel exhausted, over-loaded, overwhelmed by the burdens we have to carry in our day to day lives, there is only One place where we should go.

Not to sleep. Not to the T.V. Not to food, nor the computer.

Before all that … we should go to the One who refreshes our souls and brings life to our weary bones when our knees are about to give and our bodies shake under the stress we try to hide.

“Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” Matt. 11:28

No matter how busy, or how tired or weary we are, the Lord is our Hiding Place, our Rest, our Peace, our Comfort, in hard times <3

…Amen? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, there! Feel free to share your thoughts. Just keep it sweet (but real).

If you disagree with something I say, why, speak up! But just be nice, alrighty?

I really appreciate everyone's comments and support-- I feel so blessed to have friends like you!

Oh, and don't forget to check back to see my response...:D

Have a lovely day, and I can't wait to hear (or read, rather) your thoughts.

In Christ alone,
Miss Hatcher