Saturday, November 24, 2012

a time for thanks-living

(the sunrise yesterday morning)

     Giving thanks isn’t just something we should save for a November craft. It should be the way we live.
   
      It’s been four months since I’ve been in Idaho, that time it changed my life (here). And I’m a different person because of it. I realize that even when our lives get so complicated and messy and it’s just too hard to breathe anymore, there’s always somewhere to go.
    
     And that’s when you saddle your horse and ride with the wind to a place where you can be alone with the Lord and His Creation. Could it get any better than that?
    
     So, for Thanksgiving, I went back to Idaho. To learn tons. To love more. To live simply.



     First, we filled our stomachs with savory turkey, and juicy ham, and casseroles, and fresh-as-a-daisy salads, and then we went and did some shooting.

(me shooting)
 

 (the card I shot three times (see I nipped it on the right side?)

 So what was your Thanksgiving like? What do you usually do?

7 comments:

  1. Welcome back. :) I hope you and your family had a great Thanksgiving - and that sunrise is GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I had a BLAST!

      And yes, me and my family had a fabulous Thanksgiving :D

      Delete
  2. Oh, my, the sunrise was SO much more beautiful to see in person! It really was...

    And it sounds like you had a fun Turkey Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh man it looks *sooo* gorgeous there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! It was freezing, but it was just beautiful, all the sunsets and foliage-- it's starting to look more like fall/winter! :)

      Delete
  4. These pictures are so great and lovely!!!:) The sunset ones are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Actually I edited these so they would look nicer, but they were way better to see in person! :D

      Delete

Hey, there! Feel free to share your thoughts. Just keep it sweet (but real).

If you disagree with something I say, why, speak up! But just be nice, alrighty?

I really appreciate everyone's comments and support-- I feel so blessed to have friends like you!

Oh, and don't forget to check back to see my response...:D

Have a lovely day, and I can't wait to hear (or read, rather) your thoughts.

In Christ alone,
Miss Hatcher