Wednesday, November 7, 2012

focusing on what really matters

{my apple tree with my boy ruger in the background <3}

    I go through the day, rehearsing the words in my head, what I'll say when I get home with a cup of tea in one hand and typing up a post in another. I come home, set the kettle on the stove, and sit down at my computer, hands poised, about ready to let them fly.

     Then my name is called from the other room.

     In other words, life happens. And that's okay.

      I have a pile of papers on the counter, waiting patiently to be finished, my dog is barking and annoying the neighbors, my mom is telling me to put some clothes away, please, and, really, things get chaotic, my whole evening not going as planned.

     Lately, I've been thinking about this time of year. It's busy. Full of school, cooking, fundraising, preparing, tests, rainy weather, driver's permits, and the like.

     It's life.

      In the busy-ness and the hustle-and-bustle of daily life, it's been a fight to remember to focus on the things that really matter.

      Family. Family matters. Even when I'm rushing out the door to go to meetings and schools and have to remember to bring that envelope to Mr. Turner and feed the cat before I leave, I tend to forget.

       But I'm going to stop. With God's help, I will remember to spend time with the people who need my attention. As of now, I am quickly writing this as my mom is taking a shower and my dad is about to leave and I still don't have my lunch packed yet.

      So, my question is, will you join me?Join me in focusing on what really matters?

5 comments:

  1. I always LOVE YOUR POST!!! I always have a happy face when i read your writting!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much! Your comments (and your posts on your blog) are such a delight to read! :)

      Delete
    2. Aw thanks!!! You just made my day!!:)

      Delete

Hey, there! Feel free to share your thoughts. Just keep it sweet (but real).

If you disagree with something I say, why, speak up! But just be nice, alrighty?

I really appreciate everyone's comments and support-- I feel so blessed to have friends like you!

Oh, and don't forget to check back to see my response...:D

Have a lovely day, and I can't wait to hear (or read, rather) your thoughts.

In Christ alone,
Miss Hatcher