Saturday, October 27, 2012

sausage and potato soup


    I haven't made this yet, but I'll be making it on Wednesday and thought I would share it (since I haven't posted in a *little* while...)! I'm making this for Reformation Day at school :)

   I found it on Cooking for Seven. I take no credit for the picture or the recipe. 

     Happy cooking!

sausage and potato soup

Ingredients:
  • 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 2 medium cloves garlic, minced or crushed
  • 3 medium russet potatoes
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 teaspoons parsley
  • 2 1/2 teaspoons flour
  • 4 cups whole milk
  • 1/2 lb. bulk Italian sausage, cooked until no longer pink
Directions:
1) Melt the butter in a large stockpot over medium-low heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring frequently, until transparent. Add the garlic, potatoes, salt and pepper, and parsley and cook 3 more minutes. Stir in the sausage.
2) Add the flour and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Slowly add the milk. Bring to a boil and simmer just until the potatoes are tender. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.

Serves approximately 4-6 people

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, there! Feel free to share your thoughts. Just keep it sweet (but real).

If you disagree with something I say, why, speak up! But just be nice, alrighty?

I really appreciate everyone's comments and support-- I feel so blessed to have friends like you!

Oh, and don't forget to check back to see my response...:D

Have a lovely day, and I can't wait to hear (or read, rather) your thoughts.

In Christ alone,
Miss Hatcher