Sunday, October 21, 2012

awkward and awesome


awkward-

~ nearly slipping on the rubber part of your razor on your shower floor
~ trying to hold on to a wet bar of soap
when your hands are sticky from eating a juicy apple
~ walking with rocks in your shoes
~ receiving a text when you're half-asleep: it's like looking into the sun
~ the movie Napolean Dynomite 
~ sneezing really, really loud in a really, really quiet room

awesome-

~ deer season!
~ hunting
~ apple cider on a cold day
~camping
~ your friends
~ the above picture
~ getting stuff in the mail
~ realizing how blessed you really are
~ green smoothies (so you don't get any colds!)
~ going on walks with your dogs
~ finding new recipes to try
~ watching the rain on your window
~ going outside just after it rains when you smell earth and wet pine trees
~ the smell of homemade chicken noodle soup filling the kitchen
~ bread fresh from the oven
~ eggnog
~ smiling for no known reason
~ watching a grey squirrel scurry up a tree

{What's awkward or awesome about your week?}

6 comments:

  1. Mmmmm, green smoothies! I still have to try one of those. Are they good? I love trying new recipes. I just made those cowboy cookies off pinterest, last night. So good! Love to hear any new ones you've tried!
    I'd have to say my awkward is getting ready for Church on Sunday mornings. I seriously try on like 3 outfits each time. And awesome? I'm starting a new job tommorrow.
    -Melinda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Green smoothies are DELISH! my favorite would have to be spinach, frozen peaches, and coconut milk. The benefits? I don't get sick, and I have way more energy than I used to

      Your starting a new job? How fun! I'm very happy for you :)

      Delete
  2. Oh, and I just wanted to say thanks for tagging me in that post awhile back! I'm sorry I didn't do it,somehow I haven't been able to get time for it. I appreciated it though :)
    ♥Melinda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's alright! I totally understand. It's so hard to find time for everything, isn't it?

      Delete
  3. Aw! This is really fun, Miss Hatcher (perhaps I'll "copy" it sometime :-D). I love that one about the cell phone: How true that is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are so much fun to write. It actually wasn't my idea...in fact, I don't know who came up with it. But whoever did, is brilliant!

      Delete

Hey, there! Feel free to share your thoughts. Just keep it sweet (but real).

If you disagree with something I say, why, speak up! But just be nice, alrighty?

I really appreciate everyone's comments and support-- I feel so blessed to have friends like you!

Oh, and don't forget to check back to see my response...:D

Have a lovely day, and I can't wait to hear (or read, rather) your thoughts.

In Christ alone,
Miss Hatcher