Monday, May 21, 2012

do you ever have one of those days?

(photo credit unknown)

   I feel like that. I do. Especially that dreaded day of week: Monday.

   Monday. One wouldn't think by the sound of it that it was dreadful. In fact, it kind of has a pretty ring to it. I would imagine a delightful morning reading Jane Austen and drinking a cup of just-right peach tea while watching the sun make the dew glimmer on the lilac and the gardenias.  Because, in reality, Mondays usually aren't like that. They're probably rarely like that. 
 
   So my question is: why do we hate Mondays?
    
    It's the day you wake up to the buzzing of your alarm clock, and you make an inaudible grunt in your pillow, and you slam your hand on the buzzer. You make a low groan, then slowly drag yourself out of bed. You try to wipe the sleep from your eyes, but it doesn't help. Then you remember what will: coffee. Ooh, that sounds so good. You always look forward to that time of morning when you can curl up on the couch and sip the rich goodness. You walk toward the coffee machine, half slumped over, while continuing to yawn until it feels like your ears will split. You have messy hair, dark circles under your eyes, and, basically, the looks of what I would call a morning zombie. :D
   But is this what Christians ought to feel like? Should we despise the mornings, or should we see it as another day to serve God? Shouldn't we rejoice in it because this is the day which the Lord has made? When we get up is it a curse under our breath or is it a prayer?

   It's hard. But what has helped me in my walk to center my day around Him is memorizing a verse and saying it as soon as I wake up. It doesn't have to be a long one, and you don't have to actually say it out loud. The one I usually say is Psalm 118:24, "This is the day the Lord has made; I will rejoice and be glad in it."




    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, there! Feel free to share your thoughts. Just keep it sweet (but real).

If you disagree with something I say, why, speak up! But just be nice, alrighty?

I really appreciate everyone's comments and support-- I feel so blessed to have friends like you!

Oh, and don't forget to check back to see my response...:D

Have a lovely day, and I can't wait to hear (or read, rather) your thoughts.

In Christ alone,
Miss Hatcher