Tuesday, April 24, 2012

little dorrit movie review...


     I am currently watching this series for the second time. I loved this movie, and am hoping to persuade you into watching it, if you haven't already. Of course, if you know Charles Dickens, you know he's got some dark stuff. So this may not be your Jane Austen kind of movie but it *still* has romance in it which makes it SO worth watching.

Summary (from back of DVD)

      This gripping new series brings to life Dicken's powerful story of struggle and hardship in 1820's London. When Arthur Clennam returns to England after many years abroad, his curiosity is piqued by the presence in his mother's house of a young seamstress, Amy Dorrit. His quest to discover the truth about "Little Dorrit" takes him to the Marshalsea Debtor's Prison, where he discovers that the dark shadows of debt stretch far and wide in a web of desperation and deceit.

Amy ("Little") Dorrit~by Claire Foy

   
     I think Claire Foy did a wonderful job playing that quiet-yet-always-loyal personality. She (as Amy) had to support her entire family on her income, and had much responsibility on her little shoulders. She did very well for being fairly new to acting!


 Mr. Clennam~by Matthew Macfadyen (I heard that sigh!)





       I like him better in this movie than in the Pride and Prejudice with Keira Knightly (*gasps in background*). I know. He just...wasn't.......Mr. Darcy (but more on that another time!). He is that character who is rich but is very generous and lovable.


John Chivery

      Aaaaaaaawwwwwwwwww.... If you've seen this movie you know why I feel bad. This man did an UH-MAZING job as this character. He was probably my most favourite character in the movie (look at the youtube link below!)


 and...those characters who make me cringe


Mrs. Clennam (Mr. Clennam's mother)
 Flintwinch
And (the worst of all) Rigaurd...**shudder**


      Okay, so now, *drums rolling* my next means of persuasion...

             

*pleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaase* watch it. It's only 4 min and 10 sec long!

     And, to end this post:

       
~*~*~*~* Finis *~*~*~*~


*****NOTE***** I take NO CREDIT for these pics! I just went on Bing and looked them up

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, there! Feel free to share your thoughts. Just keep it sweet (but real).

If you disagree with something I say, why, speak up! But just be nice, alrighty?

I really appreciate everyone's comments and support-- I feel so blessed to have friends like you!

Oh, and don't forget to check back to see my response...:D

Have a lovely day, and I can't wait to hear (or read, rather) your thoughts.

In Christ alone,
Miss Hatcher